Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cepe Indicum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
So, as a relative newbee to Macs, I often check out the Pro "Tips" pages on apple.com. There is a new tip posted every week, and I've learnt a few cool little tricks from these pages. :)

Usually there are screenshots indicating a step you have to take, and I've never really noticed anything out-of-the-ordinary until a few weeks ago...

Look at the three screenshots across the bottom, and start with the middle one. The colours on the photo in the background appear fine, but that is definitely not the Aqua blue on the menu...

Similarly with the screenshot, far right... the Apple button is not Aqua blue, but a darker grey / blue.

Granted, these are small observations that may be explained by a number of things... but what do you guys think??

I include the screenshot, far left out of interest really... what application is represented by the 'B' icon (next to the iTunes icon); I just can't place it.

Thanks, and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 282

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Under Appearance in System Prefs you can change the look from Blue to Graphite.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
The background you mention looks like an email in mail where you can quickly change the size of an attachment sent. What you see is the image that is being sent in the email. Not the desktop background. TRUST ME... you wont see anything of a new interface until the day it is released. ;) Apple keep things under wraps almost frighteningly too well. Just look at the iphone where they sent fake ones to Cingular etc. Cingular didnt even see the real one until the day of the launch.

This is pretty much why sites like Mac Rumors exist :D

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I agree that they wouldn't hint at a new UI - they are massively secret when they want to be. But is a new or refreshed UI coming with Leopard? Hopefully it won't be too long until we all find out

Cepe Indicum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Under Appearance in System Prefs you can change the look from Blue to Graphite.

That explains it... simple as that! :) Obviously, that's one tip apple.com hasn't taught me yet.

The background you mention looks like an email in mail where you can quickly change the size of an attachment sent. What you see is the image that is being sent in the email. Not the desktop background. TRUST ME... you wont see anything of a new interface until the day it is released. ;) Apple keep things under wraps almost frighteningly too well. Just look at the iphone where they sent fake ones to Cingular etc. Cingular didnt even see the real one until the day of the launch.

This is pretty much why sites like Mac Rumors exist :D

Yeah, I couldn't believe they would make such a blatent mistake as this, but then again, as you say, this is why MacRumors exists so thought I'd share anyway.

Anyone know what that 'B' application is tho...? I don't expect this to be anything new, I'm actually just interested. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.