Does apple have a habit of upgrading items for your troubles?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mr. MacBook, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2007
    My dad found out that his billing adress didnt match the one provided on the credit card.

However, it did, and he called apple, they rechecked and he asked "How much money would it cost for faster shipping?" and the guy just told him it would be for free for his troubles.

I hear alot about old MBPs and iBooks/PowerBooks being exchanged for New Generation Core 2 Duo MacBooks and MacBook Pros.

Is it just me or does apple have killer customer support or what.
  2. Fuzzy Orange macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

Jul 29, 2006
    Well, usually they would only give you a new MB/MBP if your system was beyond repair/has had a bunch of repairs, I think. However, I have heard stories of people getting amounts of money and faster shipping if they have a problem with their order. For instance, when my parents ordered a Mac Pro, they had selected a 2 Ghz model and wanted to change it to a 2.66 GHz processor, so they called and had it changed. As a bonus, Apple upgraded the basic ground shipping to the fastest shipping you can get (overnight).

I guess Apple does have extraordinary customer service.:D
  3. McGarvels macrumors 6502

Nov 10, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    That's why Apple is amazing. Granted, there are always exceptions and you may not have the best customer service experience, but those are rare.
  4. Mr. MacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2007
    Haha yeah...

Microsoft customer service is like this i bet

"Sir i ordered windows vista 16 days ago and it says it hasnt shipped even though it says "usually in 24 hours" " says Windows User
    "Well ship it back to us and we'll ship it right this time" says Bill Gates
  5. epochblue macrumors 68000

Aug 12, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    There is, of course, another side to this coin as no company has a perfect customer service record, and Apple's customer service isn't always this superlative. You just need to run a simple search of this forum to reveal a number of people rather unhappy with Apple's service.

Count yourself lucky, and if you do have a situation where Apple's service is less-than-perfect, please try to remember this situation :)