Does Apple replace iphone 4s with a broken screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richard371, Apr 12, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

How much does the Apple store charge? I heard $200 and they will swap it for a refurb. I have not broken mine yet but have decided to go caseless.

2. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

The more you worry, the more you're more likely to drop it. I've read on here that some Apple stores have replaced them free of charge while others won't. If it does happen, you'll just have to cross your fingers and make an appointment.

3. macrumors 6502a

Not sure where to start... the thread title makes it sound like your asking if Apple puts broken screens into refurbished models, but sounds like you're really asking if they can replace an iPhone that HAS a broken screen??

Yeah, not sure of the charge... some have gotten it done free of charge. I too, go case-less. Just take care of it and you should be fine!

4. macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you're concerned, get a case. I know I'm clutzy and got a case; it has saved me a number of times when I've accidentally dropped it in my recycling bin.
    Yes, usually, they'll swap out a broken screen with a refurbished iphone. Whether you pay for it or not is dependent on the genius.

5. macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Is this PRE-paranoia ?:confused:

6. Guest

Might have to get some Pre-therapy! :p