Does Apple secretly love me?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dagless, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    well do they?

"NO!" i hear from the back... well heres my story.

its just that i ordered my Powerbook the NIGHT they were released, after appearing in the shop for just 5 hours. apple said the build time was less than 24 hours, or whatever it is they say for "its ready", and it was to take 2 weeks to arrive. that i could live with (barely)... but then it arrives 7 days early! missing out the Ireland visit the phone-guys said it was going to take.

Woo! my first mac. amazing.

then they go and release these semi-2G iPod Minis. bowled over by the battery times stated by iPod Lounge i start to feel my impulse buying muscles twinging.
    but i cannot, i am but a student! albiet still living at home so my money goes on games and nice pwetty things but still... so me and my girlfriend Caroline get engaged (NO! not like that!) in talks about me selling my old 3G ipod to her so i can run off and get a mini now. only as time passes i start to feel bad about my 3G, i mean i love it! but 26 hours battery is heaven sent for me.

so i order one on saturday night with a build time of 2 days, but for some reason it says it wont be shipped by March 3rd. feeling a bit sad about everything i go online just 24 hours later and theres an email saying my order has been despatched!
    not only that but the 5-7 delivery days has been dramatically cut to 2-3 days! knowing my frustration of not having a hard drive MP3 player they send me my iPod.

thats my little story that sums up my February. Apple have been so good for me so far. apart from the Apple Inner ear headphones i ordered last year, everything else has been fast and good.

but i do have a question; is Apple usually this good with orders?
  2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    To put it mildly, Apple is... Inconsistent.

Sometimes they are wonderful, prompt, and cooperative. Other times, new products will be announced and, after a series of delays, end up shipping 3 months after announcement.
  3. urban1985_ macrumors regular

Dec 7, 2004
    Burnaby, British Columbia
    My iBook came days earlier than expected. It was a very nice surprise, got me right out of bed in the morning. I'm not sure if it was Apple or the courier service who was speedy, though.

I just bought a 2g iPod mini, I hope there won't be any delays.
  4. Vader macrumors 65816

Oct 11, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I have never ordered anything for delivery from Apple, mostly I pick it up myself at the store!

If Apple does love you, then you are very lucky!
  5. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

Apr 14, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I thought it was 18?

But nice story anyway =)
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    With Apple patience is a virtue. You win some and you lose some. I don't know that I would call it love, but that Apple does its best each and every day. It's up to each employee to do their best, from the bottom up.
  7. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

May 30, 2004
    Madison, WI
    I hope my Mac Mini comes soon. I ordered it last Tuesday. Isn't scheduled to ship until the 15th thought. :(
  8. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Sep 7, 2004
    Salt Lake
    I think Apple's estimates are just estimates to cover their own bums, and rightly so, plus there are other factors involved...

(example) no matter which shipping I chose I'm 99% of the time sure to receive items 2-3 days after shipping (2 if overnight)... Most products I order come straight out of cali- I'm assuming right on I-80 only hours away...

But, still we love Apple, why shouldn't Apple love us back?
  9. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2004
    The Ocean Floor
    i ordered a refurb powerbook from the UK apple store and it was on my doorstep within 48 hours. It came from somewhere far away, to europe(luxemburg i think) then straight to me. I couldn't belive it.
  10. chaos86 macrumors 65816

Sep 11, 2003
    tell me youre not one of those morons who bought the apple in-ear headphones and didnt put them IN your EAR so they sounded like crap and then you filled every forum you could find with trash talk about crappy sound quality for $40.
  11. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    hhaa yeah i hate ppl who didnt read how to put it in properly!!!

congrats on not getting burned by apples inconsistency when it comes to orders
  12. angelneo macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2004
    Maybe you should call up Apple and ask them.

Step 1: Repeatedly say "Do you love me?" 20 times without taking another breathe on the call to them. Immediately hang up without waiting for a response.

Step 2: Pick up the phone and dial Apple number again.

Step 3: repeat step 1 and 2 until the cops show up on your door steps

:D :D :D :D
  13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    nah them headphones are right now :D they still fall out from time to time but meh...

erm let me just say that my iPod is with the delivery courier now :D i mean what the hell is this?! i ordered it late saturday night and its being sent over from china. i ordered a DVD from a week ago and it still hasnt arrived!

nice one apple :) 10 days before you're estimated arrive time. my god its going to be here any minute :D
  14. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

Jan 21, 2004
    South Bucks, UK
    I ordered a Mac mini BTO on the 15th of Feb, got my product dispatched email on the 26th Feb claiming 2 - 3 days shipping time. So it could turn up tomorrow :) but the tracking page hasn't been updated except for actually listing the Mac mini. Do you think it will turn up before the tracking page gets updated...or is something amiss?!