Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
In place of a mouse?

I'm using my Macbook Pro as a desktop, with a large display attached. The trackpad on the MBP isn't easily accessible from where I am.

I wouldn't mind an external multitouch trackpad of some kind, but one that does the same gestures as Apple's. But maybe that's a patent issue?

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
In place of a mouse?

I'm using my Macbook Pro as a desktop, with a large display attached. The trackpad on the MBP isn't easily accessible from where I am.

I wouldn't mind an external multitouch trackpad of some kind, but one that does the same gestures as Apple's. But maybe that's a patent issue?

there are iphone and ipod touch apps like touch pad elite that do just that very easily.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
In place of a mouse?

No. Only the mighty mouse.

marold280

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
Mighty mouse only. would be a nice idea though. a really big on that could do 9 finger gestures XD

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
No but they should. They should make it the default bundle with desktops, too. Possibly building it into the keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.