Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FasterSoonerNow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Just wondering... (from the Taiwan factory)...

I'd assume they work on Fridays and ship accordingly, since Fed Ex also delivers on Fridays... But do they work/ship anything on Saturday?

FasterSoonerNow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Nevermind, y'all.

It shipped TONIGHT!

Est. Ship was 7/14.... God... I already love this company.

I know it's put together in Taiwan... But according to Fed Ex tracking, it was picked up in California. (Sacramento, to be specific)

Is this normal?

w00tmaster

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2004
FasterSoonerNow said:
Nevermind, y'all.

It shipped TONIGHT!

Est. Ship was 7/14.... God... I already love this company.

I know it's put together in Taiwan... But according to Fed Ex tracking, it was picked up in California. (Sacramento, to be specific)

Is this normal?

Was it a stock config? I do believe they keep stock configs of certain models in a warehouse in California so they can ship it asap. A lot of people have been getting frustrated though with the large lead times it takes to get BTO G5s...

FasterSoonerNow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
w00tmaster said:
Was it a stock config? I do believe they keep stock configs of certain models in a warehouse in California so they can ship it asap. A lot of people have been getting frustrated though with the large lead times it takes to get BTO G5s...

Nope... Oddly.. It WAS a BTO model.

Maybe they have the particular one I purchased on hand in CA, though, as I'm sure it's a pretty popular choice. (17" with upgraded harddrive speed and VRAM)

Or perhaps it actually goes from Taiwan TO California, THEN Fed Ex takes control of it?

Because the fed ex comments say something like, "Pre-Routed Meter Package Picked Up" next to the first time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.