Does at&t require a credit check when upgrading to the iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DAneil808, Nov 12, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I dont have much credit so im worried if im gonna have to pay a big deposit. I currently have a iphone 3gs and am eligibile to upgrade.

2. macrumors 6502a

no they shouldnt because your already on a plan...how are you planing on paying?

3. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

They shouldn't. Your contract expired so you're free to upgrade as long as you pay the bill. If you were joining another service they might require a credit check, someone on this site had to pay a $500 deposit.

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Credit check is done when you open a new account.

5. macrumors member

Or add a new line

6. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys! If anyone else who recently upgraded to the 5 and didnt do a credit check, it would appreciated if you posted thanks again.

7. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Got mine from radioshack, they asked for details, did the upgrade and got applecare no credit check required, they would lose so much business if they did anyway

8. macrumors member

I have iPhone 5 on AT&T upgrade and I work at a third party dealer, they won't do a credit check unless it is new account or you are adding a line to your account , those are what trigger credit Check. They do require ur bill to be up to date , meaning if its past due or due sometimes in couple days they want payment in full on bill first.