Does bluetooth work in bootcamp winxp for mbp c2d?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by scoutbc, Nov 30, 2006.

1. scoutbc macrumors newbie

I am curious if any of the mbp c2d (15 inch) owners have working bluetooth for winxp. When I enable bluetooth all i get is a "disconnected, firewalled" status and double clicking on the icon gives me a "an unexpected error occurred".

I've reinstalled the macintosh drivers from bootcamp 1.1.2 and still no luck

The bluetooth works with mac os though...

I don't necessarily need a solution. I am just curious if it works for others... and if so I'll have to contemplate the annoying windows reinstall process.

2. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

Not working for me, either. Will spend tonight trying to solve and post a fix if I figure anything out.

3. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Huh, I wasn't really paying particular attention to this (since I had no problems), but when I was playing around with XP and BootCamp about a week ago my Bluetooth Mighty Mouse worked just fine. I think I did have to install the "Mac Tools for XP" before it would work; but that was true of a number of items.

Sorry I can't look at the settings, though, because I've since removed Boot Camp. But in any case it obviously can work.

4. Bongolo macrumors regular

Hi Westside guy,

Could you post a link with some information / download link for "Mac Tools for XP"?

Many thanks.

/Bongolo

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Actually I should have typed "Mac Drivers for Windows". It's built in to the Boot Camp Assistant - when you run it, it lets you burn a separate drivers disk. This is even before the partitioning process, I believe.

Anyway, those "Mac Drivers" are what I'd installed.