Does everyone watch Alias?

Discussion in 'Community' started by janey, Feb 3, 2003.

1. janey macrumors 603

janey

Okay...after looking through Macrumors and a couple of other forums, I noticed that a lot of people watch Alias, that TV show with Jennifer Garner as the sexy CIA agent...

So exactly how many people from Macrumors watch Alias? (http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/alias)

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

never seen the tiniest bit of it.

I am not ashamed to say that I am a male that watched Oxygen
    (the women's channel :D)... Hey, it is the only channel that has
    my favorite show, Xena. ;)

3. TonicAngel macrumors regular

I love alias! I never miss a week... Also have them all on vcd... of course its all about Michael Vartan for me :D then again i am a chick ;)

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I watch it whenever I can. It is a good show, but the plot was a little to the predicitable side...

BTW, i missed like 4 weeks. What happened to the newspaper guy, he was captured then she got him out... and then i missed it. :(
    I saw last night eps tho.

Oh no ' not clones just phyical duplicates' ohhhh.
    wait a SECOND isn't that a clone!?!?!?
    wtf. :rolleyes: + :D

Um... anwyway is pretty hot. :) Too bad she doesn't model. ;)

5. vniow macrumors G4

Can't say I've ever seen it.

Would it be worthwhile to check it out if it ever comes out on DVD?

6. medea macrumors 68030

medea

thats my finacees favorite show so I rarely miss an episode with her, it's pretty good action/spy stuff with a little soapy drama but not in a pamela anderson show way......heh.

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

nope. can't stand the show. low production value, bad acting, sophomoric plots. generally bad all around :)

pnw

8. garzy macrumors regular

i have to agree with you on that one
    but pretty much all of primetime television is poorly written garbage

9. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

hmm, i have to disagree with you paul...its fun, energetic and campy ;)

its entertaining...not an exact replacement but since they pulled le femme nikita i needed a new spy girl show :)

the plots arent that awesome, but hell, neither are most of the james bond plots...i mean really, the man drove a car through a melting house of ice...where there is a tropical forrest with a hot water stream that doesnt melt the ice and a jumbo jet can land on it!

Alias is more realistic than that at least...oh, and she runs with an iPod :p

10. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

Sidney does run with an iPod...but everyone uses PC's in the show!!! But i think once i saw dixon (sidney's partner in sd6) with a TiBook...

Ahhh Michael Vartan is hot...but i really really really LOVE marshall the geek (he's so adorable but not attractive and he comes up with all these crazy gadgets i wish i had) and the new guy on the 2/2/2003 episode...Lennox. He's hot too ;)

11. TonicAngel macrumors regular

:eek: you didn't know that was ethan hawke?! Of course then again he dropped off the face of the earth after training day and before training day.. but nice to see him back doing something esp Alias :D

12. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

13. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

Are you kidding....no wonder he looks so familiar :rolleyes:
    is it just me or are all the bad guys in movies and tv shows pc users and the good guys are mac users ;)

14. medea macrumors 68030

medea

speaking of "marshall the geek," what will happen to his character now that the "alliance" is over and out?hmmm......
    I agree with paul whannel on the show, but it is a guilty pleasure and it's a show that I like laughing at....hey I'm also prone to watching wrestling so shoot me.....

15. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

he's gonna be the geek for the CIA and eventually will force the CIA to dump their dell servers (for real!) and switch to an all-mac thing with xserves and pmac g4's and sidney gets a 17" pb.

16. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I never miss Alias. It's pure entertainment. If you can't watch Desmond Llewelyn in an old James Bond movie, watching Marshall explain a gadget to Sydney is the next best thing.
    Read one of the interviews with J.J. Abrams, who created Alias, is executive producer, and even wrote the music. He is a big Mac fan (he uses Power Macs and PowerBooks and Final Cut Pro). He purposely has the good guys in the show using Macs while the bad guys use Windoze, except that, of course, you can't always tell who is a good guy and who is a bad guy!

17. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

i know he uses a mac...but the good guys use pc's too (the cia has dell servers). also the only person who ever used a mac in alias (so far) is dixon and he is not a "good" guy.

18. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Well, I was just repeating what Abrams said. If we take him at his word about the Mac users being the good guys, then we have to conclude two things:

1. What we think is the CIA must not really be the CIA (another surprise plot twist). Hence the Dells. Or maybe Abrams doesn't consider the real CIA to be good guys.

2. Mac user Dixon must be a good guy. Of course, he thinks he's working for the real CIA, so we can consider him to be a good guy anyway. Now that the CIA raid is over, he might re-emerge working with Sydney again, this time on the CIA side, which will make him an official Mac-using good guy.

19. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

20. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

21. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

NEVER HEARD OF ALIAS!!! It is one of the best (okay maybe not that great) TV shows. it's cool. and it's on @ 9pm on ABC, sunday nights.

22. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

glad to see more people like the show! not suprised ubergeek likes it, seems to be one of those things that has a moderately large gay cult following;) or at least most of the people i know who watch it (and watch it with me) are gay...maybe i just know too many gay people...:p

23. vniow macrumors G4

Actually it seems like a chick/gay guy show from what I see here, I'm a gay chick so maybe that's why I haven't sat down and watched it yet.[​IMG]

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

No comment, too many opportunities and too many moderators. :D :p

25. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

EXCUSE ME?