Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I have a friend asking whether FCP will run well on the Mac mini or MacBook. I'm pretty sure I have seen it on a MacBook before, but not sure about the Mac mini. Obviously the video rendering wouldn't be insanely fast, will it at least run at a decent speed?

Thanks! :)

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
In short, yes it will work. And it will work fine - the only problem is that it won't be able to run any of the core animation filters.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
What Version Of Final Cut Pro? $199 Studio 5.1 Upgrade Postmark Deadline Is March 19

I have a friend asking whether FCP will run well on the Mac mini or MacBook. I'm pretty sure I have seen it on a MacBook before, but not sure about the Mac mini. Obviously the video rendering wouldn't be insanely fast, will it at least run at a decent speed?
Final Cut Pro WHAT? Not 4/4.5. Only 5.1UB will work. Does your friend understand we are approaching the March 19 Postmark deadline for the $199 upgrade to Studio 5.1UB from 4/4.5?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.