Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
I'm guessing yes, it does? In which case I wouldn't upgrade. But was wondering if anyone has tried and felt it was worth it. Or if there are really any benefits.

(I only have a wifi iPad 2 so toggling the control center isn't even really much of a benefit to me)

octatonic

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2010
London
Working fine here- does seem to drain the battery quicker than 6 did.
No real issue with speed though.

wazgilbert

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
UK South
dreadful performance everytime the keyboard comes into play.
5s delays between keypresses and actual responses. shockingly bad and the ipad2 is now basically useless. I'll try some restores and DFU modes until it get's flung across a genius bar in disgust.:mad:

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
At first it seemed just as smooth as iOS6 but occasionally I notice a tiny bit of stutter when pulling up the keyboard, but it's not enough to really bother me. Overall though it's running pretty well for me.

lwilliams

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2012
Athens, GA
Works fine for me in the iPad2 and the iPhone5.......no slow-downs or any issues at all.

I did do upgrades, not fresh installs.

Only one friend has had an issue here. 4 others in my office did the upgrade after I did, same day........they waited to see if I had an issue first ( I am the IT Manager there ).

Anyway, all is well.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I find it to be just about as fast and about the same battery life (subjectively) as iOS6 on my iPad 2. Strangely changing Wallpaper is one thing that is VERY slow.

However it is a battery sucker on my iPhone 5. Looks like your milage may vary.

wazgilbert

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
UK South
after another Dfu reset, I've found that "reset all settings" was needed to ensure a typing experience that I'd call normal for an iPad.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Mine is absolutely fine. I turned off parallax but I don't know if that made any difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.