Does iPhone 5 screen make you dizzy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

It made me feel sick after using it for 20 minutes at the apple store
    I did hear something similar about this but I don't know if it's because of the lights or if it's the new screen but this didn't happen to me before...just with the iPhone 5

2. macrumors regular

Hitrate

To me it feels chrisp, sharp. I do tend to use a much lower brightness setting on it for normal use, and bump it up a bit for games and pictures/video. I think it's an adjustment issue.

3. macrumors member

It makes me dizzy with awesomeness!

4. macrumors regular

Makes me dizzy with the joy of having one. ;)

5. macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'm going to have to just favorite the link to this image. The amount of face palm quotes on this board recently is unbelievable.

[​IMG]

Next I'm moving on to "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

Ugh.

6. macrumors newbie

Something is definitely different with the new screen. I'm not sure if it's the display panel itself or the backlighting. As I'm using the phone I can see vertical lines (each line of pixels) show up. If you stop moving your eyes, screen, or any movement on the display, they disappear.

I've also seen it on my harmony one remote screen, except those are horizontal lines. On that screen it is very obvious and if you own one you'll know what I am talking about. Almost like you can see that the display is "refreshing."

It's much more subtle on the iphone 5 and most people don't even notice it, but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I brought the phone into apple and even though they couldn't see it, they swapped out my phone. The new one does the same thing.

My old iPhone 4 / 3G / new iPad do not exhibit this quality.

7. macrumors 6502

Dizzygate 2012.

8. willmtaylor, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

macrumors 68020

willmtaylor

No. It does not. Perhaps you should be tested, though. Hopefully your parents bought ChildCare+ for you to extend your warranty and cover accidental damage, so they can exchange you for another, no questions asked.

:p ;) :D

9. macrumors 65816

andyblila

Are you kidding me???

:eek::eek::eek:

10. macrumors 65816

I think there is something to this. My original iPhone 5 was perfect. I had to get it replaced and the new one I can see scan lines. I'm waiting for the next batch before swapping it out.

11. macrumors demi-god

Can't stop laughing....Childcare +....

Might need a trade in here. :p

Never heard of this problem and I do have a Harmony One also. :confused: