Does Israel Look bad now?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Aug 31, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Jewish people really suffer alot in WW2 and Nazi Germany.
    But I understand Arab people's anger, by any means, they are not responsible for the suffer of Jewish people in WW2, while UN ripped their land off for Israel.
    OK, don't bite me, just want your calm opinion :D

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Who's land? I thought it was the Palestinians though they never formed a govt so it was up for grabs:D

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Calm opinion? Take one look at the Hezbollah thread as an example... this is one of the most intractable political problems that the world faces and all the words written over 60 years and all the blood that has been spilt has changed nothing at all.

This could go on for hundreds of years... as an example, they're still raking over centuries-old grievances in the Balkans.

Sorry, but I really can't see the point in starting yet another thread on this at all.

4. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

well, everything starts for a reason, what does israel need by imprison that many lebanese prisoners?

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

There's a million rationales for each side to pick and choose their hatred from. What we need is a way to get beyond the blame game and help the people who are living under these threats.

6. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

Agree, each side has a reason to fight. how to solve the threat by a way both side agree and happy is the problem. Apparently when UN created Israel after WW2, they never thought about this problem, and there seems isn't anyway out now.
    Maybe
    1. Jerusalem need to be controlled by UN. Since both side want it, but nobody want to give up
    2. Establish Palestine, ASAP
    3. release all the prisoner of all sides
    4. Balance weapons of each side
    5. disarm of non-government military.
    stepbystep

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Problem is, any workable solution seems to involve compromises that are unacceptable to the extremists on each side.

8. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

9. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

well, I do have a solution for that. But not sure if ppl will follow the solution

"TOTAL WEAPON BAN and REMOVAL FROM ALL MIDDLE_EASTERN COUNTRIES", they can fight with their fists if they want.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

So we, the great western countrys, will watch over them, and protect them because we are so great.:rolleyes: Ya that would go over well..also then the bad guys would keep illegal weapons, and the governments would be screwed.

11. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

lol, can't be worse than now. I would love martians to remove all weapons from earth tho

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Thats an idea worth supporting!:)

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lol... if you think a lack of weapons would stop these guys, I've got a bridge to sell you.