Does it have a plastic fim on the screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Androidfan1x, Dec 2, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 8, 2012
    Just applied a screen protector and look great but I just read a review on amazon someone said there is a "screen protector" already on the screen (I think he means the plastic film that most devices these days come with). He said he applied the screen protector he bought (which is the one I bought) on the plastic film and he ended up have both his screen protector and the plastic film pulled off

and somehow I feel like there's a plastic film on my screen too, but it's pretty much impossible to peel it off?
    And my screen protector sticks pretty well. So does it really have a plastic film already or not? Should I be worried?

(my device is ipod touch 5g)
  2. macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2003
    New Hampshire
    The 5th gen has a coating on the screen to make it resistant (not immune) to fingerprints. I have never heard of a screen protector coming off and pulling the coating off with it. It almost sounds like the person used a substance on the screen that he shouldn't have (acetone, etc).
  3. macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2011
    Halfway between the Equator and North Pole

There's no film attached to the screen that needs to be removed before use.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Oct 22, 2012
    As same as all Ipod touch gen, there is a piece of plastic cover printed picture of the ipod touch home screen. There shouldn't be any pre-installed screen protector on the device.