Does itunes back up contacts/photos automatically?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bajntime, Jan 14, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

When syncing iphone to itunes does it back up contacts and photos automatically or do I have to specifically tell itunes to do that when I set up my iphone.

Basically what has happened is that I had to do a "restore not from a backup". After doing this I lost all contacts and photos.

I do however have a complete backup which includes itunes on a hard disc from a few days ago.

Will Itunes have that information saved from a previous sync?

2. DPA
    macrumors 65816

DPA

iTunes does automatically backup by default. You can select it to not backup automatically in Preferences but it doesn't sound like you did that. In order to restore from a backup you made, plug your iPhone into iTunes and you should be prompted with a screen called Setup Your iPhone, or something along those lines. Are you getting this?

DPA

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I am not getting any prompts. I just restored a previous backup and the Iphone just synced as usual.

4. DPA
    macrumors 65816

DPA

If all your data still isn't on it then you should restore again and this time select Restore from Backup. Then select the backup you want to use (presumably the latest) and restore using that. Your data will be restored.

DPA