Does iTunes Radio work like Spotify?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by LarmanF, Jun 14, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 10, 2013
    I understand and am looking forward to the functionality of the radio stations in iTunes Radio, but I was curious as to whether (like in Spotify), with iTunes Radio you can search up a song and listen to the whole thing for free? Or do you have to pick the artist and wait for the particular song to come up in the radio station?

I presume seeing as they have the button to purchase the song that's playing on the radio that you won't be able to 'save' the song in a playlist so you can keep returning to it and listening to it for free as with Spotify?
  2. macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2010
  3. macrumors 6502a

Mar 7, 2007
    Its quite good and plays songs similar to Pandora. I heard the same station on both and the bands that played where almost the same. The ads are better on Apple, less annoying. Usually its trying to sell me a song instead of playing a large voiceover ad.
  4. macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2011
    The freedom of playing whatever is only available for premium spotify users on the mobile platform, I believe. iTunes Match members are entitled to ad-free streaming. The deal breaker for me, though, is that being a "premium" iTunes radio user does not give you unlimited skips. I'm betting this was one of the hold-ups in the agreements prior to WWDC and ultimately Apple caved because (one, they can afford it :rolleyes:) they wanted to start beta testing and that was a prime feature in the presentation.
  5. macrumors 68020

Oct 14, 2011
    It's basically Pandora in iTunes/the Music app with easy access to a Buy Song button.