Does iTunes run on Windows Vista?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shunpike, Jan 31, 2007.

1. shunpike macrumors regular

Hi

Just wondering, does iTunes run on Windows Vista?

I reckon it probably does but was just wondering as i may be upgrading soon

thanks,
    Shunpike

PS: Plz don't say 'just get a Mac or OSX' I can't afford a Mac and therefore have to settle with a substandard Windows System.

2. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

As far as I kow, NO. When there will be support? No clue.

3. xlosltove777 macrumors member

I used Windows Vista Beta back in the day of iTunes 6 and I really didn't see any trouble. Vista supports almost all the same programs that work with XP. So while it may not by as optimal I would be suprised if compatibility was completely broken.

4. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

5. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

I haven't seen it /not/ work on Vista, but I haven't used it heavily on Vista, to be honest, so a few things might not work quite right yet (CD burning, perhaps).

As for the argument of not being able to afford OS X, you don't get much bang for your buck with Vista at the low end. If you are on XP Home, than maybe you can get away with a Home Basic upgrade, but the pricing on anything beyond that makes OS X look like a bargin. :/

Yes, I understand the problems of hardware cost, but yeesh. If it wasn't for the fact that I get Vista at a steep discount (VERY steep...), I wouldn't be upgrading, and sticking with XP.

6. shunpike thread starter macrumors regular

I no - but i am buying a new computer soon - have had this one for about 7 years and to be honest it is absolutely nackerd but i'm looking for a computer under £500 and as i am running XP Professional want to upgrade to Vista home premium. Back on topic, you'd have thought the the guys @ apple would have got a Vista version of iTunes out before the launch date - just to show Microsoft how easy it is to be on-time. lol

:apple: rules

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Right, instead they got out a version long before Vista's launch that still works. ;) At least according to this list, it works.

8. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Windows Vista = Windows XP with some fancy UI changes... don't see why it wouldn't run.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I would think that it does, if it doesn't I'm sure Apple is on top of it and working on a update to make it work.

Or Ref Mac...come on I'm not going to site here and tell to get Vista, I felt needed mention Reb macs

10. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

iTunes works fine on Vista according to my brother who uses Vista.

11. ambience macrumors member

I've been running Vista RTM (the same thing as the retail version) and been using iTunes. iTunes itself runs perfectly fine, but the interface conflicts with Aero which causes random visual glitches with text and buttons. These do not break iTunes but they sure are annoying. I assume apple will fix iTunes soon to be more friendly with Aero (same with all the other developers).

12. Theview1 macrumors newbie

I have the latest version of iTunes & just installed Vista the other day. So far so good. Cds still rip & burn at the same fast speed they always have. Cover flow still works fine. For the most part everything is the same. The only 2 things I've noticed is that I had to reauthorize the pc & when I did that iTunes is essentially counting the same pc twice, because it says that I'm authorized on 4 pcs even though I'm only using 3. The second little glitch happens when I try to copy & paste cover art for mutliple track using the get info option. When I try to paste in the artwork field the cover actually appears in the top left corner covering the Artist & Album Artist fields. Once I hit ok though, the artwork is added w/o an issue.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That person who did the "Mac to Vista Switcher" article also was using iTunes in Vista.

14. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

You can get a refurbished MacBook from the UK Apple Store refurbished section for £549, if you can stretch to that.

15. badmofo9000 macrumors regular

iTunes needs to be updated for full vista support. It runs, but crashes frequently. Ocasionally when I am running it, iTunes will force my computer out of aero and into the basic mode. This is a common problem that many programs are facing. Its not major and iTunes still "works", but it needs a minor update IMO.

16. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1