Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irod87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
We are just now getting started with the Apple IUP program. In store my dad bought 2 phones and order 2. So he had 4 active on IUP. Then we noticed the two ordered phones were wrong. So we call and cancel. Get the confirmation that those 2 loans have been cancelled. He goes to order the first right phone no problem. Then he goes to order the second correct phone which if your still with me is the 4th phone on the IUP program and it says something like credit not approved? I'm thinking this is an error since he orginally had 4 phones on IUP right now he has 3. I told him to call in and find out.

Curious if anyone has any idea what the hangup my be.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Considering they do a credit check each time (hard pull) and those won't drop off just because he cancelled the order, it is pretty likely that many hard pulls would drop his score to a point of denial.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Considering they do a credit check each time (hard pull) and those won't drop off just because he cancelled the order, it is pretty likely that many hard pulls would drop his score to a point of denial.

It's a loan, like other loans such as mortgages and car loans, multiple pulls within a 30 day span will only hit your score once. You will see multiple inquiries, but your score won't drop with each one.

OP it could be denying just incase of fraud. That many attempts of pulling credit within a 30 day window could trigger red flags. Best thing to do is call Citizen One.

Reactions: irod87

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
It's a loan, like other loans such as mortgages and car loans, multiple pulls within a 30 day span will only hit your score once. You will see multiple inquiries, but your score won't drop with each one.

OP it could be denying just incase of fraud. That many attempts of pulling credit within a 30 day window could trigger red flags. Best thing to do is call Citizen One.

Nice. Did not know that.

Kahsheh

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Call them or wait for their letter. It is possible you have reached the $4000 limit (this may vary). The return/cancel of the loan does not immediately reset.

cmhsam

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
I had the same issue over the weekend. Was trying to get a 4th on IUP And got denied for the 4th. Called citizens one and they told me it was because too many credit pulls within a week and they stopped Approval due to potential fraud. Once they got me on phone and verified a few items they put it through.

Reactions: irod87

irod87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Yep... Fraud protections from both Citizens One and the Credit Card we were using to pay the first payment with. Citizens One support was sending it to a supervisor with explanation for approval. Hopefully it will all be cleared up tomorrow.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

unclefarkus

macrumors member
May 13, 2015
I don't want to start a new topic but was curious if the IUP approval/denial is based on the Carrier Account Holder or if it would be me? I'm thinking of going on my dad's Verizon account and doing this, but I don't want to make him have the hard pull. I can't get far enough in the process to test this since I'm not on the account yet. Just curious thanks!

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
I don't want to start a new topic but was curious if the IUP approval/denial is based on the Carrier Account Holder or if it would be me? I'm thinking of going on my dad's Verizon account and doing this, but I don't want to make him have the hard pull. I can't get far enough in the process to test this since I'm not on the account yet. Just curious thanks!

It should be based on your credit. I did the IUP reserve and pick up in store. My ATT account is in my mom's name but the phone is in my account. When you go to enroll in the IUP program, it'll ask for the carrier account info but it will also ask for your social security number for the credit check. I was easily able to reserve the phone in my name. When I arrived with my mom, I was told that she had to be there though because of the carrier account. Just FYI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.