Does .mac work with Microsoft Entourage?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markw10, Oct 25, 2006.

1. markw10 macrumors 6502

I am getting my first Mac next week and will be switching from Windows Xp. I plan to use Office 2004 for Mac and likely will use Entourage as my PIM. I'm interested as well in subscribing to .mac so that I can store my contacts, etc. online for when I'm on the go. As well, I know there is a isync application to sync with phones. If I go with Entourage though will any of my contacts, email, and calendars sync to pda's/phones or .mac?
    I know there is the option of using address book, mail, and ical. I just like the layout of Entourage. Is it possible for me to sync the Entourage data as well with ical, mail, and calendars allowing me to use isync and .mac? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Not by default but there might be a messy way 'round it. I can't remember the name of the app (sorry), but from memory there's something out there that'll sync Entourage with the equivalent Apple apps, which can then be synced via .Mac and iSync. Hopefully someone will be able to tell you what that app is. I'll keep looking for it in the meantime. :eek:

Personally, I think you should give the Apple apps a go though. I find them much easier to use and their integration is part of what makes OSX so brilliant. :)

3. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

Easy as pie

I've been using syncing from Entourage for a few months. It works with Address Book and iCal without a hitch.

On MS's Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/produc...ow_to_articles/office2004/en_syncservices.xml

Here's the text from the page for good measure.

Setting up synchronization in Entourage

After you set up synchronization in Entourage, items are synchronized with the central database automatically, whenever you make a change to shared information.

Set synchronization options
    On the Entourage menu, click Preferences.
    On the left, click Sync Services.

Do any or all of the following:
    To share Entourage contacts with other programs and devices, select the Synchronize contacts with Address Book and .Mac check box, and then select an option in the Address Book pop-up menu (Exchange users only).
    To share Entourage events and tasks with other programs and devices, select the Synchronize events and tasks with iCal and .Mac check box, and then select an option in the Calendar pop-up menu (Exchange users only).
    To synchronize Entourage notes, select the Synchronize Entourage Notes with .Mac check box (.Mac account holders only).