Does mac's SUPERDRIVE let you burn DVD-RW???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by forthebrave, May 21, 2004.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

I tried to burn to DVD-RW but my computer keeps spitting the disk out?? help?

2. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

It could quite possibly be the brand of DVD-RW you used...I use Sony...It works...Sony, no baloney.

3. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    are you using finder or Toast...? toast should work... finder never worked for me.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

If a Powerbook then no. My 1x Superdrive does not burn DVD-RWs unless I use the Cynical (sp?) firmware patch. Which frankly made my Powerbook stop booting from the hdd. Got it sorted out eventually though.

5. aclose72 macrumors member

what about the new pb's with the 4x DVD drive? do they burn dvd-rw?
    doesn't look like it in the specs on Apples site: http://www.apple.com/powerbook/superdrive.html

and writes to 4.7GB DVD-R discs, and it reads CDs and writes to CD-R and CD-RW disks.

Better still, the SuperDrive-equipped PowerBook G4 is compatible across the board, supporting DVD-Video, DVD-ROM and DVD-R, as well as CD-ROM, CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, CD Bridge, CD Extended, CD Mixed Mode and Photo CD media.

6. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

The way I understand it is that Apple does not officially support DVD-RW, but that they did add support for it in Panther. Don't know that they specifically added burn support, but they did add read support. I have read on other forums of Powerbook owners who used DVD-RW though. Doubt that helps much as my response seems to be on both sides of the fence, but there you go.

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

well, my SuperDrive lets me burn DVD-RWs.

a silly question, but i have to ask - you are trying to burn DVD-RW, not DVD+RW aren't you? i know someone that was trying to do +RWs, an easy mistake to make. up until a few months ago, i didn't even know there was a difference between the two. :eek:

8. forthebrave thread starter macrumors regular

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Shoot me for being dumb! you are RIGHT!!! All this time I was using DVD+RW!!!!!!!! DAM!!!