Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

key-lime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I am new to Apple and am not used to hearing such good news regarding Apple. I have had bad experiences with battery's. A couple questions:
1) Do I need to fully charge it? The Apple rep said no. This would also go hand in hand with the fact that they helped me set it up in store, right out of box.
2) Do Apple batteries wear over time? Will my MacBook battery have the same juice it had before?
3) What are your average battery times, fully charged? I know what the website says, just trying to get your real world experience.

Thanks!

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Charge it up, and keep it charged daily. Lithium batteries like to be topped off every day, unlike NiMH batteries, which have a memory.

Usual

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
I am new to Apple and am not used to hearing such good news regarding Apple. I have had bad experiences with battery's. A couple questions:
1) Do I need to fully charge it? The Apple rep said no. This would also go hand in hand with the fact that they helped me set it up in store, right out of box.
2) Do Apple batteries wear over time? Will my MacBook battery have the same juice it had before?
3) What are your average battery times, fully charged? I know what the website says, just trying to get your real world experience.

Thanks!

For the first question, new technology batteries do not need this. But, if you really will think about it, if you do not do so, just do it :) You will not loose anything.

For the second and the third one, I am also waiting the feedback from long time users...

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL

Thanks!

1) No. Just use it. Charge it when it gets low, or top it off each night.

2) Yes. Any battery loses capacity over time. Your battery should last the life of the notebook, with a reasonably good charge. Just don't expect the same battery life you got when new 4 years from now.

3) Depends what you're doing on the computer. It seems people can get anywhere from a couple of hours to upwards of 5. It really depends on what programs you're running, how bright your screen it, is your keyboard lit up, are you watching HD flash videos...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.