Does Office Pro 2004 with Virtual PC 7 work with GoldMine Software ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheBunnellFarm, Jan 4, 2005.

1. TheBunnellFarm macrumors regular

Does Office Pro 2004 with Virtual PC 7 work with Goldmine ???

2. TheBunnellFarm thread starter macrumors regular

I need to keep track of lots of clients and contacts and misc- important on-going discussions, I have used Goldmine in the past, it works great with Windows and PC but the question is...

Will Virtual PC enable me to "store" and "use" all of the Goldmine functions with my Mac [or] does the Virtual PC emulating work, and hold all of the data into my Mac system for permanent storage and retrieval.

There is no doubt a better way of saying this,.. like how limiting is Virtual PC in its operation..

Thanks
    Tom

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Re: Does Office Pro 2004 with Virtual PC 7 work with Goldmine

TheBunnellFarm, GoldMine is a contact management database designed for sales and marketing people using Microsoft Outlook. It is Windows-only software. You can run it under Virtual PC, but you cannot run it natively on MacOS X. You can run Microsoft Office Pro 2004 natively on MacOS X, but you cannot run it under Virtual PC. Therefore, GoldMine and Microsoft Office Pro 2004 are mutually exclusive. In other words, the answer to your question is "No."

4. TheBunnellFarm thread starter macrumors regular

and I thank you very much..much grief saved.

Does anybody know what is comparable to Goldmine in The world of Mac

Thanks again.

Tom