Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
I mean, does it blend in well stylistically with your other Apple/non-Apple products?

This is a purely subjective thing, but despite loving the silver aluminium unibody, I always liked the idea of having it in black or white, a la other Apple hardware.

Imagine a keynote where Schiller unveils a 2013 jet-black MBA, it'd be a knockout!

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Added icarbon black skin
http://www.icarbons.com/collections/macbook-air-13-2nd-gen
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340740077.683159.jpg

So now it blends

RocketRed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012
Nope. Doesn't blend at all with my other devices.

Attachments

• apple-mba-13-top-white-1.jpg
    apple-mba-13-top-white-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 1656198762967627906.jpg
    1656198762967627906.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 440x330-ipod-nano6gen-front.jpg
    440x330-ipod-nano6gen-front.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 68

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
The MBA's I have in 11 & 13 both stand out amongst my same year MBP's as the stellar designs they are.

As far as comparing them to my other Apple gear, like my various peripherals & accessories, I'd call the Airs complimentary.

I'd also call them my all time favorite designs.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
The MBA's I have in 11 & 13 both stand out amongst my same year MBP's as the stellar designs they are.

As far as comparing them to my other Apple gear, like my various peripherals & accessories, I'd call the Airs complimentary.

I'd also call them my all time favorite designs.
Likewise, I have not seen a better designed notebook in my entire life. I think it'd look even better in black though.

trondah

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2008
I think the MBA looks awesome and fits in nicely with everything I have. It usually sits by itself so it doesn't necessarily need matching colors with anything else.

Using a black skin sounds like a horrible idea, that would make the sides look ugly as hell.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Likewise, I have not seen a better designed notebook in my entire life. I think it'd look even better in black though.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Black as well.

One of the very few Mac laptops I _haven't_ owned (I'm such an addict) is a Black MacBook.

I will admit that normally styling and appearance is secondary to me, but that model was very compelling. No matter how it was configured it would have been fun.

Especially since I always have several MBP / MBA models, so it's not like it would have been my only laptop, just another Mac to choose from :)

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2011
I feel like my iPad bridges the color contrasts between the MBA and iPhone, since the iPhone is all black and MBA is all aluminum. iPad is black on the front and aluminum on the back.

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Ergonomically, the mba feels just right for typing. I think Apple spent a great deal of time to make this a stylish and light but, at the same time, a very functional workhorse.

soundtracker

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
Seriously considering getting one of those for my 11". How easy is it to put on? I've never tried anything like this and I generally get bubbles when I try to put a screen protector on my iPhone.

Its actually pretty easy because this kind of vinyl is a bubble free application and there are install vids on the site. I have it on my MB Air 13 and I am usually bad at installations, but this one was great.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Its actually pretty easy because this kind of vinyl is a bubble free application and there are install vids on the site. I have it on my MB Air 13 and I am usually bad at installations, but this one was great.

I guess I'm gonna order it then! :D

A couple more questions though. Does it feel/look like it's going to peel around the edges? Do you put it in a sleeve? Does that affect this skin?

soundtracker

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
I guess I'm gonna order it then! :D

A couple more questions though. Does it feel/look like it's going to peel around the edges? Do you put it in a sleeve? Does that affect this skin?

No signs of peeling and its been on about 6 months. I don't use a sleeve but I slip it in/out of a backpack-type case every day for work and it hasn't effected it at all :)

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
So has anyone actually put one of these black fascias on and are they durable?

----------

Has yours lasted well and is there any peeling etc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.