Does the Apple case turn blue with ALL screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by D4rkShaDoWz, Aug 13, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hey guys! Just recently, my iPad scratched so I'm now becoming OCD about my cases and screen protectors. I was planning on getting the Zagg Invisibleshield along with the official iPad case from Apple. However, I've been hearing bad things that case turns the iPad blue!

I still plan on getting the Apple case but I was wondering if ALL screen protectors are affected by this? I was thinking of switching over to a simpler screen protector that doesn't involve spraying a solution. Thanks!

2. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It hasn't turned my iPad blue... I use it 24/7 since the first minute I opened my iPad box on the day it launched (April 3rd).

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. The question I asked is about the screen protectors, not the actual case. There were reports and pictures of the Apple Case and the Invisibleshield leaving blue residue on the iPad. I just wanted to see if this applies of ALL screen protectors.

4. macrumors 6502a

I use the apple case with a power support screen protector, no problems. I personally hate zagg skins, very sticky and tacky feeling. Not sure what part of the iPad is turning blue you mention.

5. macrumors 65816

Hammie

+ 1

My feeling exactly. No blue residue on mine with my matte Power Support screen protector.

6. thread starter macrumors member

Check this link: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=985307

Question is, has this happened to anyone using the Apple case and a screen protector that was NOT solution based?