Does the Apple Keyboard get greasy?

Discussion in 'Mac Peripherals' started by andrew086, Dec 25, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Just out of curiosity - does the Apple Keyboard (external) get greasy? I know that the one on the MacBook Pros get greasy, so I have a moshi ClearGuard on mine. But should I get a full size one for the Apple Keyboard, or would it be fine naked?

Thanks

2. macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think the keyboard getting greasy is probably more an issue of washing your hands than with the keyboard :eek:

3. thread starter macrumors regular

yes, but I think that natural skin oils also cause this issue. I washed my hands every time before I used my MacBook Pro and the spacebar still started getting a little shiny.

4. macrumors P6

MacDawg

That could also be due to wear

To answer your question, I think you will find the external keyboard will be just as susceptible as the MBP to your usage

5. macrumors 601

vincenz

It'll get greasy if your fingers are, but it won't show as much as on the black keys.

6. macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Like the other guys said, only if your fingers are greasy. I've never had these problems with any keyboard.

7. macrumors newbie

macboiest

Maybe

I would get the bluetooth keyboard because it is nice and slim, the keyboard has keys that are like the macbook keys. So I would say no.

8. John T, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011

macrumors 68020

John T

As has already been said, keyboards don't get greasy on their own - itt's the user's fingers that do thay :)

If you suffer with this problem, why not use a skin to protect the keyboard.

Attached Files: