Does the AppleTV use....

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by kjr39, Feb 1, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

kjr39

...airtunes like the Airport Express?

I would like to be able to play whole house audio on my Macbook with the systems in the den, media room, and bedroom...

Currently, the only way I know of doing this is with the AE and would prefer to put an AppleTV in the den.

2. macrumors 6502

Yes. iTunes will show your Apple TV in its drop down list of remote speakers.

Kevin

3. macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Kevin,
    There has been some unconfirmed speculative conversations I have seen. I saw there is indeed a AiTunes part of the menus of TV T2. Are you able to play out from the TV to Airport Expresses around the house. I have three Airport Expresses around the house and would love to be able to play to them.

Kevin :apple:

BTW- I maybe wrong but I think I may have met you while I was out in Cupertino for a conference at 1 Infinite Loop. I think I met you in Cafe Macs. I know I met someone named Kevin and he was working on TV at the time.

4. macrumors 6502

You play from iTunes out through the Apple TV, just like you would an Airport Express.

Could be!

:D

Kevin

5. macrumors 68000

aross99

Do you mean you want to play from your Apple TV to the Airport Express, or form iTunes to the Apple TV.

I think Kevin thought you meant from iTunes to the Apple TV...which must be new for Take 2..

6. macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Yes I do get that the AppleTV can now be used as an AirTunes station in place of an Airport Express which means I may actually have 2 airportexpresses for sale soon. However I am wondering if you can play something through the AppleTV interface and have that music come out of ariport expresses.

Kevin :apple:

7. macrumors 6502

Not for ATV 2.0

Kevin

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

kjr39

Thanks Kevin.