Does the Birmingham (UK) store have the new iMacs??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by smwatson, Oct 23, 2005.

1. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

Two questions; the one in the title which needs no elaboration, and also this which is probably in the wrong forum so very sorry.
    Is it possible to create a workflow that means automator will automaticaaly search for the album art of a song playing, and put it as the album art of that song in itunes. OR use a widget such as 'album art finder' to do the same thing?? Sorry if its not too clear.

2. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Nope, it dont, i went there yesterday and had a look, not a new iMac in sight (PS i work in the bullring :rolleyes: )

3. FireArse macrumors 6502a

This does not help answer your original question, just mere information..... the Bluewater store DIDNT have the new iMac G5's as of yesterday - I asked about them, they said they didnt have them in and that they were selling their stock of iMac's at a lower price. It might be the best time to go to John Lewis and get a great deal from them on a Rev b iMac - Depends how bad you want the "sit down and select an MP3 or film" application from your armchair.

Id be very suprised if the Regent's Street Store doesn't have them with it being the European Flagship an' all.....

FireArse

4. FireArse macrumors 6502a

5. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

Apparently they don't :eek:

6. smwatson thread starter macrumors 6502a

smwatson

will bullring have them by the end of the week? ie friday?. Also, anyone know anything on the workflow thing?

7. al3000 macrumors 6502

Apple Bullring told me they have none in, and that they are expecting some within the next 7days, he said probably by next weekend.

8. john_satc macrumors 6502

I would expect so, as they told me that's when they expect to have the new iPods in.

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Why not just call them and ask when they're expecting them and if they can put one aside for you?

As for the workflow, I don't think so; but there are a variety of album art widgets, some of which will deposit what they've found straight into iTunes for you.

10. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Ill pop in and get a confirmation

11. Zoowatch macrumors 6502

for your info, the Apple store at Bluewater doesn't have the new iMac or PowerMac either

12. john_satc macrumors 6502

Bullring store has them in!

I went in today for my iPod and I heard a guy on the phone telling a customer that they had the 17" new iMacs in, but not the 20" if that helps :)

13. al3000 macrumors 6502

Ah, they must be close! I am going to be in birmingham tomorrow, so will call in and see whatever happens. I am really anxious for them to be in stock, as once they are then we are going to make the complete switch getting the imac a PB and accessories. Come on iMacs!!

14. al3000 macrumors 6502

Went in today, they are expecting the 20's maybe next week. They have some 17 inch in stock..although the one that I was shown I was slightly disappointed with, it froze up when Front row was being demonstrated, and the iSight didn't work..it just showed a green screen! Pretty embarrasing for the apple guy :D