Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SLJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2003
Australia
okay, I updated to 10.2.6, got all the latest patches installed as well... upgraded to 640MB RAM... now I notice the typing is delay when the PB fan is on... you know the very loud fan... I believed there are at least two to three fan in the 12" powerbook... anyway, when the very loud fan is on... that's when my 12" powerbook is clawing as well... everything become laggy, typing is delay... is that normal or what?

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2003
I don't know if this is your problem but I had a similar issue with my Tibook. When I was running on the battery and I was not using it for a few minutes I would go back to type and there would be a delay. Then I read in another forum that this was probly caused by the hard disk going to sleep. Just open up you system pref, go to energy saver and uncheck put hard disk to sleep whenever possible. I did that and I have not had the delay issue since. The only thing is that it will probly decrease your battery life some.

skymaXimus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
The reason the fans are on is b/c your processor is hot. The reason why your processor is hot is b/c you're taxing it, rendering imovie, photoshop whatever. Thats why typing is delayed when the fan is on, b/c the processor is working on a whole bunch of other stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.