Does the iPad Have a Mic?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shakeman0, Apr 23, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I was browsing the iPad iTunes store and noticed Shazam and some other apps requiring audio input. Does the iPad have a built in microphone?

2. macrumors 65816

master-ceo

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

4. macrumors 68000

I make Skype calls on the iPad all the time. The mic actually works quite well.

5. macrumors 6502a

Nope, the mic is activated after educating yourself instead of just asking here. Life is harder when you can't catch your own fish.

6. r0k
    macrumors 68040

r0k

Yesterday in class, I was using Sundry Notes to take notes. I decided to give the recording feature a try. I noticed that it would keep recording until I double clicked on it. I wonder if I could have kept typing and still recorded the lecture (though it bet it would sound funny with me typing while it was making an audio recording :eek:).

I didn't play it back because I didn't want to disturb my classmates. I'll give it a listen when I get a chance.

So yes, the iPad does have a mic.

BTW, there is nothing lazy about asking a question in a forum. People come here to get answers not scolding.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Sorry, I have read a lot about it on Apple, Cnet, etc. Never observed any detailing on a mic. I didn't assume there would be one implicated on the device because without a camera there did not seem to be much application.

8. macrumors 65816

From the iPad specifications page:

9. macrumors regular

bornblind

I don't like fish :)

10. macrumors newbie

I'm embarrassed for the person who wrote this. How would you like it if I told you that you're an idiot when you were honestly try to learn about something that I know a lot about? Granted, there are times when someone needs to be corrected, but correction works a lot better when it is done with respect.

11. macrumors 6502a

I'm embarrassed for you, not realizing that you were chastising someone for something they said nearly two years ago, which they've probably long since forgotten about.

12. macrumors member