Does the Luardi Crystal Back Cover have a metal strip too?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by anthrovisual, May 4, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

May 27, 2008

I just noticed this case from Luardi and the picture shows a back cover case with a strip on the left side (when viewing the case face down) that may or may not be a metal strip that locks the Smart Cover when it is folded behind the iPad. (consider the Incase Magnetic Snap Case)

Has anyone used this case and can verify if that strip is magnetic/metal? Any other thoughts about the case's quality?

2. macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2012
    I don't know anything about it but this one looks nice.
  3. macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    I don't know anything about this case either but their description reads "With a special side lock feature your Apple Smart Cover will lock onto the crystal snap on cases safely and securely." So yes, it looks like that strip is made for the Smart Cover to attach to when opened.
  4. macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2012
    Seems to me that the "side-lock" it talks about is the lock to keep the Smart Cover attached, not to keep it open.
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

May 27, 2008
    That was my interpretation. I it made sense from a design point to do something with the metal strip, like putting their logo on it, but since they did not describe it as such in their description I have my doubts.

I emailed them this morning and waiting to hear back but was hoping someone here already knows.