Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
I don't remember if it was something I read or something I was told, but I 'heard' that the MBA only has a single speaker. Thing is, when I play music, I can swear I'm hearing two distinct audio channels. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
I don't remember if it was something I read or something I was told, but I 'heard' that the MBA only has a single speaker. Thing is, when I play music, I can swear I'm hearing two distinct audio channels. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I'm pretty sure the older models with the flip open door, that is pre-2010, had only one.
The 2010 redesign have two it seems.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010

My old Rev. A MBA only had a single speaker but my new 11.6" MBA has stereo speakers. (Much improved!!!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.