Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
Finishing off a design thought I would play a bit with the shine on the text...what do you think? With the shine or without...does it look cheesy with the shine? :rolleyes:

Let me know your opinion. Which design # do you like the best? Thanks.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I don't think the shine does anything for the overall feel tbh, that's not to say it looks bad or anything.

If you feel you'd like to keep it, the final design would be my preference

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
I don't think the shine does anything for the overall feel tbh, that's not to say it looks bad or anything.

The final design as in the one with the shine just on the "2"?

Thanks for the feedback everyone else. May end up leaving it off...undecided still.

Oh well, that radial glow is actually behind the leaf and not on top of it and wasn't really what I was referring too, I was referring to the text but nonetheless, thanks for the feedback.

I added a #4 with a clearer radial glow to the initial post...

usclaneyj

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
I think #2 is a good compromise. I like the focus that the little bit of shine/glare/whatever brings to the title, but I think #3 with the multiple shines is distracting.

eta: What's up with the names of the teams? One has a stroke and the other doesn't. I also would reconsider violating the team logos by putting that "vs." over the top of them.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
I think #2 is a good compromise. I like the focus that the little bit of shine/glare/whatever brings to the title, but I think #3 with the multiple shines is distracting.

eta: What's up with the names of the teams? One has a stroke and the other doesn't. I also would reconsider violating the team logos by putting that "vs." over the top of them.

I agree, I like #2. Good eye on the stroke, just missed that on the one side. :rolleyes: Will try it with vs. over top of logos. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.