does this exist? (Scrabble)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by derajfast, Jan 8, 2006.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

ive been on a scrabble kick lately, and the only version i can find is for classic

does a version for os x exist? is there anywhere i can play like yahoo games against other people?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

A search on Versiontracker for Scrabble turns up X-Words Deluxe.

The board looks like it might be laid out slightly different from the original game, but there's an editor in there to tweak the squares.

You'll want to add Versiontracker and MacUpdate to your bookmarks, they're very handy.

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

word games at yahoo -- choose Litearti. Not Scrabble, but Scrabble by any other name ...

A quick wikipedia search for "Scrabble" also turns up these 15 online/computer based links ...

4. A. Hutch macrumors newbie

5. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

that looks good.....but is there a way i can play my sister over the computer since im at college now?

id love to play her

6. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I also have the OS X scrabble game and it works well on any high end G3 or G4 or better.

There is a network function in the game but I have never tried it.

7. dkozi macrumors newbie

the game does have a network function and should work through the web - it works within my own home network - it is ip based. the only major hick-up might be if one/both of you are behind routers. you may need to open/forward the ports in your advanced router settings. the respective port number is - 23301.
    if not behind a router, but have the built in firewall protection on, you'll have to do the same thing in the 'sharing' control panel, by going to the firewall tab and adding a new 'service' to the list.
    otherwise, enjoy!