Does this forum ever glitch for you? does for me

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ieani, Mar 9, 2006.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

Its probably windows but until my mbpro arrives im stuck with it. But look at the pic attached. This is the second time a member's avatar has been showing up in place of an icon on the forums for me. I have no idea why it happens but its pretty weird and annoying. Anyone have an idea?

Attached Files:

2. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Clearing your cache may get rid of it. :)

I find the forums sometimes fails to load threads but refreshing the page brings them back up. This goes through stages so I'll have ten in a row that Fail To Load but then it'll be fine for the next fifty threads. I'm on Safari and I'm not sure if it's a problem my end, with my ISP or with MacRumors. It only seems to happen here.

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

It happens to me from time to time. I finally found out that a refresh or three usually fixes the problem. I have only every seen the problem on Windows, but I view the site about 80% of the time in Windows so it could happen on Macs too.

5. emaja macrumors 68000

Pretty much describes Windows if you ask me.

6. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

If I recall correctly, Shift-F5 will force IE to reload all the content and ignore whatever is cached.

edit- just noticed you're using firefox. I should have known a reader of these forums would avoid ms products. :eek:

7. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I get the same, and only on MR in Safari. I had put it down to trying to load a thread when someone is posting, but that makes no sense because I never see it at work on my Windows box. A refresh always sorts it out.

There was the issue with the text boxes not working in Safari a while back, so perhaps there is a minor bug between MR and Safari.

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I've seen another user post a very similar glitch, but I've never personally seen it. You of course should use a Mac, but that's really a separate issue.