Does transfering files to PSP work on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Winstonp, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

I just bought a used PSP that came with no memory stick. (I know...it sucks). However, I intend to invest in a 1GB memory stick. The manual keeps saying you need a pc to transfer files. Does it work with a mac?

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Yes, you switch the PSP to USB mode and it just turns up as a USB device on the desktop.

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

some of the best programs for using a PSP with a computer are for the Mac. I like PSPware, but there are others like iPSP. I have put several episodes of Family Guy and Futurama on my PSP, along with photos and music. These programs are very straight forward and easy to use.

4. Winstonp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

damnit!

I'm currently converting DVD ripped movies with pspware to the mp4 format. However, I only ordered a 256 mb stick. Looks like one movie max. I only paid 29$ shipped for it though.

If I end up using it alot, I'm getting a gig chip.

this is so cool!!! ~jumps up and down excitedly, wailing his arms, like a 5 year old boy~

5. Echinda macrumors regular

I've got a 256 Mb chip and had to order a 1 Gb (which should arrive any day now). I have Farscape Season 1 on DVD and never got around to watching it until I got my PSP - now I'm watching them on my commuter train rides. It can take awhile to rip them from DVDs and format them for PSP (I use yade to rip the VOB files from DVD and ffmpegX to convert the VOB to MP4 for the PSP), but it doesn't require any monitoring so I just do it in the background. The MP4s are about 130 Mbs each for a one hour episode, so I can't quite fit two onto a 256 Mb chip. Which is annoying because it takes about one and a half train rides to watch one show, so I always have a half a ride left when a show is over. Well, not that annoying, I'm getting pretty good at Wipeout Pure.