Does upgrading cost?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wattso, Jan 3, 2007.

1. wattso macrumors regular

Oct 11, 2006
    Chester UK
    Hi very sorry for what will be newbie question but I have been looking and can’t find the answer anywhere. I understand that ilife 07 will be released during macworld, my question is will I have to pay the full price for this or will there be an upgrade price? Also for iwork 07, I have only just recently purchased this so hopefullyI just have to pay an upgrade price?

Many thanks in advance
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Nope, sorry...there will likely not be an upgrade price. You'll have to pay the full price if you want the latest version.
  3. wattso thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 11, 2006
    Chester UK
    Damn, ah well thanks for the quick reply anyway:(
  4. jonharris200 macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2006
    London, UK
    True, there are no upgrade prices on these products that I have seen. If you just bought your Mac, it might be worth taking it back for a refund and re-purchasing after the event.

Or, I have heard stories of kind Apple store staff upgrading certain things like OS X or iLife software anyway even though they were under no obligation to do so, but I wouldn't bank on it.

If you pursue the refund and repurchase strategy, you still may not get the latest stuff instantly after MacWorld next week - that depends on the actual shipping date of each product - but you may qualify to get it as soon as it's available for no extra cost.
  5. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    not to mention he probably opened it, so the restocking fee is MUCH more than just buy those later