Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjiro81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2011
Does any body knows if the ltd network will work on mexico on an iPhone 5 which i got on the US?

I'm planning to get an iPhone 5 in the US but i would like to know if the ltd and 3g would work fine in mexico?

Thanks and regards

americaroma

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
I use my US bought iphone 5 with telcel here in mexico, 3g works great, no lte offered yet here in my city but i dont see a problem why it wouldnt work once its available, lte is only being offered in 9 mexican cities and telcel plans to add 26 more so will be waiting for that.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Telcel and Apple are not yet supporting LTE with the iPhone 5 in Mexico. However the version sold in Mexico is a1428, same as US AT&T version. So it should support it fine when released. I have been using an unlocked iPhone 5 At&T for 2 months now, without any issue

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
Apple now sells the unlocked iphone 5 in stores. It is the same as the ATT but it is unlocked since day one, you don't have to do nothing to unlocked it that is why it is better to buy this one than the ATT because with the ATT you need to restore it or to send the invoice to a fax number.

americaroma

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
Apple now sells the unlocked iphone 5 in stores. It is the same as the ATT but it is unlocked since day one, you don't have to do nothing to unlocked it that is why it is better to buy this one than the ATT because with the ATT you need to restore it or to send the invoice to a fax number.

I just conected my iphone to itunes and automaticaly the unlock message appeared, didnt have to restore... so its basically almost the same thing...but youre right its probably better to buy the officialy unlocked iphone 5 now since its being already sold

I would recomend him buying the iphone in the USA, buying the iphone 5 in mexico is alot more expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.