Does Yahoo! Mail not work on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by idrewuk, Dec 4, 2008.

1. macrumors member

idrewuk

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you lot have had trouble using Yahoo Mail via a web browser on a Mac? I just bought a new iMac and, using both Firefox and Safari, Yahoo Mail doesn't load up and I get errors.

Aside from the 'use Gmail/get your mail through the Mail app' type of suggestions, is this a known problem or is there something hugely wrong that I'm doing? :confused:

Every other site is working perfectly so I'm sure there must be something up. Flickr is also being weird, and I know that's owned by Yahoo.

2. macrumors newbie

everytime i login to my yahoo mail, it logs in but then i have to hit refresh then the inbox comes up... i am using firefox and safari... but after hitting refresh all is good then...

3. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

works just fine for me everyday regardless of which browser I use, since '99 or whenever I first got a yahoo account.......many moons ago :p
    Currently using Camino, but have used all the others too nottaproblemo.....

4. thread starter macrumors member

idrewuk

So even with the 'new version' of Yahoo Mail, rather than the 'classic'?

I am genuinely baffled. It just won't load, and this is the latest Firefox with a brand new Mac.

[​IMG]

5. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

no issues for me whatsoever, but I'm on a G4. I have not seen or heard of similar complaints from several people I know that have newer mac pros/iMacs/MB's etc, nor on the net in general...

6. thread starter macrumors member

idrewuk

How weird. I guess it must be their sites and not my computer seeing every other site worked fine.

Very frustrating though!!

7. macrumors newbie

i am using the classic mail, as when i login it gives me where th inbox should be a blank spot. I hit refresh on my browser then it shows the inbox... I thouhgt this was just me so i never posted a problem... maybe we need to contact yahoo about this.

8. macrumors regular

Been on mac since 2000 using both Safari and Firefox..... no problem.
    Sometimes safari crashes but thats probably 'cos I'm running 10.3.9 and can only use older versions of safari..... Try getting rid of both browsers and then re-download...might help

9. macrumors member

TomGolden

I have been accessing my Yahoo! email account from my MacBook Pro since I got it back in June 2006. I started using FireFox 2.x, and when 3.x initially came out, it was not supported by the new Yahoo! mail beta, only Yahoo! mail classic, so I had to downgrade FF back to 2.x. I just upgraded to FireFox 3.0.4 last week, and now I have no issues at all with Yahoo! mail beta on my MBP.

I have actually never used Safari.

10. macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

PowerMac G5 with Leopard and Safari and Yahoo runs fine

11. macrumors 604

I've run Yahoo mail via Safari, Firefox, and Opera and never had an issue in 3 years of use. With Leopard, I use OSx Mail to access Yahoo and it works fine.

12. macrumors 6502

i havnt been able to log onto yahoos site at all.must be there site,em in uk.maybe its just ukers that cant log on lol

13. macrumors 6502a

eluk

It works OK for me.