Does your iPhone 5 do this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Nov 7, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

If you set the default dark blue water background for the lock screen, turn up the brightness a bit, lock the phone, and swipe from left to right above the slide to unlock thing, using just a tiny bit of pressure, does your screen have these wave like things? It looks like screen is not seated properly or something. This happens anywhere on the screen really, if I use just a little force. When I say force, I mean just a little more force than you would use when you tap the screen. The waves look like these colorful bands like if you press too hard on the screen, but I am not pressing hard at all.

2. macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

Like you're pressing through the glass to the LCD panel?

3. macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

no but if i set an autobot background, lock my phone. then make a figure 8 pattern on the lock screen it transforms into a robot

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

This happens with only a little pressure. My old iPhone does not do this, with the same amount if pressure. Does yours?

5. macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail, but I've used my brothers and it doesn't do that at all.

6. macrumors 6502

Tried it with a bit of pressure but can't reproduce the wavy things op is mentioning. Sounds faulty to me.

7. macrumors 603

Tyler23

Mine doesn't do this, definitely sounds faulty. Take it in and get it replaced.

8. macrumors 6502

5aga

my iphone 5 doesnt do this but my 4S did. apple replaced it with no problem