Does your iPod completely shut off?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by applekid, Sep 15, 2005.

1. applekid macrumors 68020

I have a 3G iPod. Runs great. Except one problem... Randomly, the iPod shuts off completely and drains its own batteries! I mean it shuts off so that the next time you press a button, the Apple logo pops up doing a complete startup.

It doesn't matter if it's in its dock charging or if it's out in the wild. The battery would be litterally full at one moment, then the next moment you turn it on, most or all of the battery is discharged! It usually happens overnight about weekly. It's like its restarting itself or something.

Any solutions or does this happen for the rest of you guys?

2. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

My 3rd gen 30 GB also does this. My 4th gen 60 GB iPod photo also did this on occasion until it was stolen. It hasn't happened since then, so I can only conclude that theft is a valid solution. :D

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

If I'm not going to use my 4gen 40gb iPod for a while, I always put the lock on... stops the charge from draining by shutting off the scroll-wheel, I guess.

Before, it used to lose its charge fairly quickly like you say.

4. nef919 macrumors member

I also have this problem. I have a 3rd gen 30gb. I always use the lock. No help.

5. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Not helpful. Theft is not a way of solving an iPod problem, I find a moderate whack on a table often helps though.