Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bastich

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
I get random beeps too, more of a "BZRNT" sound.

Early 2008 Mac Pro, 4xWD HD.
:cool:

whatisthe

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2008
CT
I just started getting beeps today after my cable company came and rewired my cable modem. I've restarted and run lots of diagnostic tests and can't seem to figure out what is wrong. It beeps every 5-15 minutes in a very short high pitched beep, probably coming from the internal speaker but i'm not sure.

UPDATE:
I feel dumb. My computer wasn't actually beeping. It was actually this little fellow: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8c52/
The only way I figured this out was after shutting down my mac pro and unplugging it, and it still beeped. So I did a quick sweep of the area of what could be beeping, and this is what I found.
So for all you people with beeping problems, do the shut down test and if it still beeps, it's probably some mischievous little ****er.

sallac

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
beep and internet connection

I have a black MacBook that is 8 months old. Just last week it started beeping. The first two days quite frequently but not regularly. I also thought it was connected to my internet connection because the beeping started after I rewired my modem. To test, I simply disconnected my MacBook (i.e., just pulled out the aether cable) and that worked!

But now, of course, it still beeps every once and a while. And I don't understand why. Could it not be connected to something relating to the internet connection, like a firewall?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.