Does your "repair disk permission" assign a new permission for ./Library/Widgets?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by YS2003, Jul 12, 2005.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    I am wondering if this is something I should be concerned. Every time I run a repair disk permission on my 12" PB (running Tiger 10.4.1), it says"

"We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./Library/Widgets. New permissions are 16877"

I think I started getting that after installing third party widgets from Apple website. I donwloaded it on the desktop and move it over to /Library/Widgets folder (and click "Authenticate" to put it in that folder).
  2. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Jan 21, 2005
    New Zealand
    Yeah, I get that whenever I repair permissions too. I doubt it's anything to be concerned about.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    This is a comforting thread. I thought it was just me. :(
  4. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Jan 21, 2005
    New Zealand
    According to this thread on the forums
    From what I gather, this is just a 'feature' of 10.4.1 and was not present in 10.4.0. So there's no need for alarm, Apple are trying to keep us safe from evil Widgets :p.
  5. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Mar 2, 2005
    Oh thank God...

I thought it was just me, but yeah, every single time I repair permissions, even if i have no widgets open and all the widget preferences trashed. I'm happy to find out it's a "feature"
  6. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Yes, every time I repair permissions I get at least that one repair.