Dofus MMORPG release Date !!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by deus666, Jul 13, 2005.

1. deus666 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Do you know DOFUS, an original 2D MMORPG, highly-coloured and plenty of humor? (have a look on the website, www.dofus.com/en )

DOFUS is a complete and original MMORPG which makes the difference thanks to cartoonish graphics, tactical battles and a new system of updates (automatic downloads) and connection (from almost everywhere using Windows, Mac or Linux).

The story begins with the disappearance of the DOFUS, which are magic dragon's eggs. The aim is to to lay hands on them in order to restore peace in Amakna or to enslave the population.

Features:

o More than 10 class characters (with male and female gender) to choose from
    o A real time action in a persistent universe
    o PvP and PvM in turn by turn battles with hundreds of spells
    o Good/evil system
    o Creation and management of guilds
    o Territories conquests for control of resources
    o Familiars and invocations of monsters
    o Many professions to collect and craft
    o Trade System (sales, purchases, exchanges)
    o Buildings owning (with chests), banks, guilds and profession offices, taverns…
    o Lots of quests
    o Etc…

They are now looking for players for the upcoming open beta tests for the international version. They will start on the 19th of July, so, if you are interested, don't hesitate and register on the DOFUS website ( www.dofus.com/en ).

See you soon in Amakna... :)

2. esXXI macrumors member

Looks very cool. About time we had a(nother) really good MMORPG for OS X.

Thanks for the link.

3. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

4. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I don't really have time, but I had to sign up for this! It looks gorgeous! :D

5. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

The graphics are pretty sweet...Sounds like a neat take on MMORPGs...Signing up! Thanks for the notice!

6. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

Thanks for the heads up deus666. I'm definately gonna give this a try seeing that my aging flat panel imac can't run WoW.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

8. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I'm anxious to see how good this is, looks promising. I couldn't seem to find any system requirements though..is it to early in development? :confused:

9. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

700MHz PC or 500MHz Mac. Yahoo!! I think I found it in the forums. Just look around. Anyways, I always love it when Macs have smaller system requirements.. :D

10. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

This game looks gorgeous. I'm curious to play it... for only $6/month and it looks like the client is free(?) it may be a good value. I'm interested to see what it means by "tactical MMORPG"... I'm hoping for something a little more involved than most MMORPGs furious clicking on a target ;-).

11. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I was too eager to try it and downloaded the french version. (Already available).

Interesting. Reminded me a little of FFXI (Similar economy system). The 2d isometric graphics work very well. Gorgeous. There are animations in the background. (Water flowing, grass growing, etc…)

Combats are turn based but you have a maximum amount of time before you lose your turn.

It's a little confusing at first but there is an helpful in game turorial. I found it weird that there aren't any "conventional" city on the map. The map is HUGE by the way. Very good.

The game doesn't take itself seriously. (Humoristic). Creature names are hilarious in French and I'm pretty sure that it'll be the same for the English version.

The game plays in your browser. Worked well with Safari. Zero bug for me.

12. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

The turn based combat sounds appealing... I used to love playing turn based strategy games, and still enjoy them, with my current favorite being Advanced Wars for the GBA. Looking forward to trying it out next week! Interesting that it is, presumably, Java based and runs in your browser... that could be a big plus for playing at work over lunch, etc. I also assume that the client is going to be free then? That will pretty much garauntee that I plat for at least a month!

13. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie