Dog Bites Off N.M. Man's Genitals

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by craigdawg, Sep 1, 2004.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

And they don't know why he was naked.....doesn't sound too good and a bit scary. They might not want to know..... :eek: :confused:

D

3. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
  4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

now, i've walked a dog down a street. and i've walked down a street naked (all too recently, thanks Alcohol!). But you know, I don't know if I would want to do both at the same time. Somehow a red flag goes off for that idea.

So, i hope the man took his clothes off afterwards, while in shock. Of course, he'd still need to explain what his penis was doing out, but it's better than having been totally nude...

paul

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I shock of the bite and loss of blood could certainly explain the disorientation. The disorientation could also explain him taking his close off. For his sake I hope that there is no chance of Rabies. It will be important to capture the dog so that this can be verified. I pray that he will recover to the fullest extent possible. Reconstruction surgery will be needed once his condition improves. Being in serious condition probably means that he is fighting the blood loss and possibly infection. My wife got a serious infection when our dog accidentally broke skin on her finger. It required surgery to relieve the swelling and IV antibiotics.

6. craigdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

Yikes. Imagine how totally bummed you would be if a dog bit off your unit then to only have the doctor come in and say, "I've got some bad news. You need rabies shots."

7. Java macrumors regular

even worse news

No, I would have to say the bad news the doctor could give you would be that they couldn't find the dog.

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

<joke>I think this story is for everyone who thinks turn-about is fair play. The dog was probably thinking "Neuter me will ya!" </joke>

I from the article I think this poor guy was playing with his dog and things got out of hand and the dog bit him from instinct. The shock of the attack, resulting mutilation, and loss of blood might explain the nudity. But if he had been naked before the attack, you got to wonder what this guy was doing.

9. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

If the dog is found and charged with the crime, I hope he can afford to hire Johnny COCHran to aid in his defense. :) He could plead temporary insanity and claim that he mistook his owner's unit for a Milk Bone treat.

Was the dog's name Lorena?

10. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

I'm glad the Gov. is going to introduce legislation to hold owners of dangerous dogs accountable! Personally, I can't stand pits or rotts. I just don't understand why people want a bred fighter/killer for the family pet.

My 4 year old loves animals and, so far, he's learned to ask owners if he can pet their dog before getting too close. There was one guy on my street that had his dog out, my son asked to pet him, and the guy said, "No, he's not really a friendly dog." Which was cool....except for the fact that the dog wasn't on a leash and this guy had no way of controlling it....and didn't control it. We had to pass the dog on the sidewalk (putting myself between the dog and my son) and the guy didn't think twice about holding his dog back while it growled at us the whole time. Boy I wanted to lay into him!

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Not all dogs are automatically dangerous, My neighbor has a Rott and it is the sweetest dog you could ever meet. The dogs to watch out for are the small little ones.

12. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I doubt the dog bit off more than he could chew !!!!!

13. sonyrules macrumors regular

I agree, I would be worried the dog would take an arm off my child or something.. Protection is one thing, if you treat the dog right, he going to protect you anyways... so i dont know what the big deal is to teach an animal to be mean

14. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

They couldn't have used a different word?

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, the quiet, little ones that don't make many friends and keep to themselves.

I have a problem with my dogs staring at me when I'm naked. I keep wondering what they're thinking, but I don't think I want to know. Or do I?

16. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Possibilities:

"That poor guy, I'll bet he wishes could lick that sorry thing like I can."

"Turn about is fair-play. You see ME naked all the time."

"Wow, that chap has a strangely short tail."

"Only two teets - hmmm."

17. craigdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

Are dogs able to distinguish between what's a tasty treat and what's a body part?

Maybe the pit bull was thinking, "Oooh, that guy has a Snausage...and a couple a jalapeno poppers stuck to him!" :D

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Reminds me of a friend that had a cat and him lying around naked....

Oh well, never mind.... ;)

19. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

Some how peanut butter may have been involved!

20. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Ok this reminds (a little bit) of a video on www.stupidvideos.com - go there and do a search for 'pet of the week'. Have the volume up - it starts slow and builds up nicely.

21. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

"Sharrks, are like dogs - they only bite whenn you touch their prrivate parts."

anyone else seen "50 First Dates"?

22. tinydancer macrumors regular

23. herrmill macrumors member

Jacksonville, FL, Shanghai, China & NW 11/12
    Yes, rumor has it a jar of Skippy Extra Chunky was found by animal control officers in the park...