Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shyos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2014
Thursday I purchased a web domain via networksolutions.com a web.com company. After the purchase the webdomain didn't get processed. After contacting their support I was told on Friday that the price I paid was incorrect as I purchased a premium name... What should I do now as it feels like I am tricked.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't know if you have much to go on. I'd not use Networksolutions in the first place, the last time I looked at them they were horribly expensive. I just popped in there and did a dummy test domain, and unless I create an account, I cannot see how much a domain will cost me. Seems kind of shady.

Look to namecheap.com and see what other domains that may work for you. You also find the specific domain you wanted available for much less from them.
[doublepost=1469966682][/doublepost]Edit:
it must have been user error, but I was able to get into the shopping cart and I see networksolutions charging me 34 dollars for a .com domain. That's highway robbery. Namecheap would charge me 10.69.

I still don't like the idea of not seeing the price upfront, it seems shady on their part.

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2015
Is it already possible to buy .web domains?

I've checked about 5 or 6 of the biggest companies in my country that sell domains and none of them can offer any price tag on the .web extension. It's all about 'register now, and we get back at you with the best price' kinda offers.

It's probably going to be yet another hyped domain extension with no value at all in the end.

Shyos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2014
Thanks for the replies!
It's solved, they've refunded all and I'm going to purchase somewhere else. Such a shady company!!!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Thanks for the replies!
It's solved, they've refunded all and I'm going to purchase somewhere else. Such a shady company!!!
They were always extremely exensive and back in the early days of the internet they were the only place (or one of the only) to get a domain name. I remember having to pay 75 dollars for a single domain.

When they opened up the registrars, they didn't adjust to the likes of Godaddy and others. So while they were always more expensive, they seem more shady as you put it.

Xowi

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
If you get serious about domain names go with a company that offers excellent customer support such as Namecheap and save yourself a ton of frustration.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.