Donahue v. O'Lielly

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Inspector Lee, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Tale of the Tape

Comments I found most interesting:

Also:

And finally:

Has anybody even taken the 5-10 minutes to verify that this clown's nephew actually enlisted or is this just another o'lielly lie?

Seems right-wing screech ratings are taking a tumble. How long before they start cannabilizing each other?

Your thoughts...

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

wow, phil got some teeth.

during the piece, bill tears into a previous guest (forgot the name) who claimed that bush orchestrated 9/11. note that, just before they go into commercial, bill talks about the next segment: a theory that the flooding of nola was a plot against blacks.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jeremy Glick.

MMFA has the story here:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200509220012

Donahue said O'Reilly wouldn't send his own children off to fight. So Bill O'Reilly says his nephew enlisted. Interesting. So I guess Donahue was right after all -- unless... Nah... :eek:

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Phil allowed Bill to look pretty stupid on that one. Phil is 100% correct. I dont think anyone wants their kids in Iraq. Human targets. If this so called war isnt worth our kids getting killed over then we should pull out those troops. Its very easy to push for this Iraq thing as long as you and your kids arent the ones getting blown up or shot at. This war was a lie but Bill spins that off. We arent fighting for America freedom, we are fighting to install a democracy that the Islamist dont want that will end up as another theocracy. Bring the troops home and lets use em for "real" war and not "made up wars". If Iraq really wants a democracy let them fight & die for it.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, saw that on MMFA, I think, last week.

So O'Reilly's nephew enlisted? Big freaking deal. It's still not his kid.

Best comment I've heard about the incident was here:

:D

Of course, there are others who saw it differently. [​IMG]

6. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

The liberal detachment with reality continues to grow...

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And what "reality" might that be?

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Given the question Donahue asked, and the way O'Reilly answered it, I'm beginning to wonder...

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

megadittoes!!!

10. katchow macrumors 6502

can you enlighten me, or is it too late? :confused:

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Check out the video of that interview. It beggars belief. O'Reilly is off his O'Rocker. He can barely restrain himself from jumping out of his own socks. I thought he might even take a poke at Donahue. Watch it and see exactly why Phil Donahue won't be invited back onto O'Reilly's show.

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Care to enlighten us then, or is this just a hit and run? BTW, not a liberal. ;) I guess everybody who disagrees with Bush is a liberal, so I guess they're the majority now (~62% last I checked).

13. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

The detachment with reality is thinking that Donahue speaking sarcastically about his nephew's military service will resonate with anyone. He just looks like an angry old fart.

"We support the troops... just not their mission..." BS

"DONAHUE: Very good. Very good. Congratulations! You should be proud .."

Wow. I love it when liberals show their true colors.

14. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

How is it BS to support the people who are obeying orders, but not the purpose for which they were sent to war? That makes zero sense. Again, support your assertions.

I think your website does a great job of exposing your bias.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Your response is utterly nonsensical. Donahue points out that O'Reilly's nephew isn't his own child. Or is he?

BTW, Donahue's position apparently does "resonate" with the American people (as if that's the point of expressing an opinion anyway). A clear majority now believe the war was a mistake. So it's people like O'Reilly who are out of touch.

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its a different matter when its your own kid. Bill looked like a fool for getting so angry. The elitist including Bill are just fine with it. When we found out the C.I.A. and the Bush administration spun this Iraq thing we should have gotton out. Phil was just pointing out the facts and Bill was about to loose his top. I would tell any soldier your stupid for dying for this Iraq thingy. Osama was Saudi.

17. katchow macrumors 6502

So what is it? "We support the troops, the mission, but not the tactics."

he's dangerously close to degenerated his nephew's service. spoken like a true patriot. speak loudly and carry a small stick.

18. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Donahue was mocking O'reilly's nephew for joining the military. Thats the way to support the troops.

19. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thats a stretch, I saw it and it wasnt mocking but Bill tried to take offense to his statements as if it were. Why the hell are we in Iraq? Osama wasnt there? the 911 hijackers were almost all Saudi?? the WMDs were missing??? these little things dont seem to matter to Bill and the Neocons. Hey we started this war and by god we are going to finish it if it kills every poor volunteer who joined the National Guard notice i didnt say Army. :eek:

20. katchow macrumors 6502

i just don't think it's right to question our president's tactics when we've got troops in another country dying for our freedom.

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

What does Iraq have to do with our freedom??? Ill say it again for the NeoCon, Bin Laden and Iraq are two different things. 911 and Iraq are 2 different things.

23. katchow macrumors 6502

don't hurt me, i was being sarcastic. sorry, i keep forgetting i haven't posted enough for that to be obvious. :eek:

24. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

edited because katchow was being sarcastic

This thread has taken a turn. That tends to happen when people make outrageous and unsupported comments.

25. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Sorry i didnt catch that.
    Also I notice reading the interview Bill wants to Win this Iraq war and Phil ask him how do you define win? Bill didnt.
    The place is crawling with Islamic lovers........................ tolerance and respect for different viewpoints isnt what they are brought up on. I dont think we can win this war, thats up to Iraqi's. It was a lie to go in over WMDS and Bush preached it a thousand times if he said it once. 300 billion, 2 thousand dead, thousands missing limbs, but he did get his Saddam who again by the way isnt the guy who did 911.