Don't Forget to Vote 11-3!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SlowX, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The sad thing is, that is happening in parts of the country.

Unlike what the article says, that tactic isn't officially endorsed by the Republican party, but Republicans are doing it nevertheless.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

My mother-in-law in Florida got a call (recording) telling her not to bother to go out and vote because it wouldn't matter.... (I guess the elderly are also considered a minority?)

Bleh,

D

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

There was a story on Good Morning America this morning about flyers being distributed in Ohio urging people to vote on the 3rd. Unbelievable that this is really happening.

Hopefully these tactics won't work - if anyone still thinks voting will take place on the 3rd, all they need to do is turn on the TV to see otherwise.

4. SlowX thread starter macrumors member

Not if _______ gets elected:
    He's gonna just ship 'em all off to Saskatchewan!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheh!
    (I laugh to hide the fear and the pain.)

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Maybe not a minority, but certainly they're targeted by scams here quite consistently. Many fall prey to them.

There is another phone scam (apparently, very local) where they tell local voters that their polling place has changed and direct them to another place to vote.

It isn't so different from 2000 when Seminole County was telling people to vote at other locations but when they arrived, they found that they had already voted.