Don't forget to vote!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by asherman13, Nov 6, 2006.

1. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

Jul 31, 2005
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I'm not going to take any political slants here, just (if you live in the US and are 18 or older and registered to vote) don't forget to hit up your local polling place and vote! :)

I'm studying abroad right now, and lots of people here weren't able to vote because they didn't get their absentee ballots in on time (or they weren't registered and tried to get registered when it was too late).

Anyways, don't forget to let your voice be heard! No matter what! :)
  2. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I haven't missed voting yet though today will definitely test that. I'm busy from sun up to sun down.
  3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    I say we use this thread to make fun of people 18 and over, in the US, registered to vote, who don't vote.
  4. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

Nov 2, 2005
    playing tiddlywinks with Kim Jong-un
    When all political parties are as bad as each other, what is the use of voting?

You are just going to install one lying cheating salesman over another.

Apathy is the only true representative of the disenfranchised.
  5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Jun 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    The main purpose of this election is to show the Republicans that they've ****ed up bigtime and got us stuck in a war that we can't get out of and that they're going to pay for it.

I already voted last week, so I'm quite happy I didn't need to go out this morning.
  6. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

Nov 2, 2005
    playing tiddlywinks with Kim Jong-un
    Actually you have a point! I'll let you off this time :D
  7. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I thought this wasn't going to turn political?
  8. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Legally, your job has to allow you to leave to vote. Keep that in mind ;)
  9. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    I'm a bad bad procrastinator so I had to drive 30 mins away to get back home where I had left my absentee ballot. :eek: But I voted! :D
  10. atszyman macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2003
    The Dallas 'burbs
    Just keep voting out the incumbent. If you're sure they are all lying cheating salesmen, keep voting against the incumbent until all politicians get the point that we will not keep them employed for more than one term until they clean up their act and start being the examples of integrity and representative of the people that we demand.

Unfortunately this will take years to accomplish but if the US were to keep cleaning house until the house cleaned up we might actually get some decent leaders.
  11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    My sister is working as a poll inspector today. I offered her tips on how to hack the voting machines and falsify the results, but it turns out she wants it to be a fair election! :eek:
  12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    I went voting around 10:30, and every booth had someone voting in it -- unusual for my precinct. I talked to one of the poll workers who confirmed that traffic was fairly brisk, much moreso than in the primary a few months back.

No touchscreen problems for me, for the second election in a row. Guess my county knows what it's doing.

The only thing that was a little annoying was being asked for ID, courtesy of our Secretary of State (and gubernatorial candidate) Ken Blackwell.

But with Democrats ahead in so many races in my section of Ohio, and even the issues breaking the way I hoped they would, I walked out of the voting booth with a smile on my face for the first time in a long time. I'm much more used to seeing everything and everyone I voted for defeated. :eek:
  13. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    She must have kept that quiet to get the job :D

Will Robert Mugabe be offering his assistance again?
  14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Just want to make a point and that is dont forget your voter registration card and a ID of some sort. Here in South Carolina our knucklehead Governor Mark Sanford tried to vote in his precinct get this.....without a voters registration! Thats enough reason to vote his Butt out if you ask me. Anyways the poll worker told him to get lost.:D Great example and he wants my vote? please.