Don't judge us world: Here comes boo boo

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mac'nCheese, Feb 26, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

Mac'nCheese

2. macrumors 68000

RawBert

That show's like school on saturday. No class.
    I see clips of it on The Soup and I just shake my head. It's not even funny. :^/
    Now the world will see our shame. :)

3. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is why they hate us.

4. macrumors P6

MacDawg

You can find the lowest end of the spectrum in every country and every society in the world, most just aren't televised and sensationalized

I pay no attention to it, and FWIW, I come from Georgia myself

Most folks around here either don't know anything about it or don't care anything about it

It really isn't representative of anything other than that family and their shame

5. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I can't believe people actually watch this crap.:(

6. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yep, says as much or more about the people who watch it as it does the Boo Boo family itself

7. macrumors 68030

Mr. McMac

People actually watch this crap?

8. macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

People watch this crap for the purpose of laughing at others to feel better about themselves.

Ironically, by doing so "Honey Boo Boo's" redneck family has more money than most US citizens will ever have. Who's laughing now?

9. macrumors 6502a

Gutwrench

I recognize the kid's name from a short news story a while ago but otherwise don't know who she is. But I am appalled there's an actual market for it.

I'm not joking when I say we watch < 1 hour of television per month and we are no doubt the better for it.

10. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Not only do they watch it, but the ratings are good for this show. Ugh. :eek:

11. Happybunny, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013

macrumors 68000

Happybunny

Believe it or not it's worse than you all think , here in Europe we sometimes make copies of those format shows.:eek:
    We had cheap copy of the Jersey Shore. the only link I've is in Dutch.

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_Oh_...

Plus we can't let you take all the blame "Big Brother" was first thought up and made in the Netherlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(TV_series)

12. macrumors 68000

dXTC

I'll admit it: I have watched more than one episode of the show. While it is low-brow in more than one aspect, it doesn't appear to have any of the manufactured drama present in other "reality" shows like "Real Housewives Of (insert glamorous place here)", and Alana (aka Honey Boo Boo) is shown bonding with both her mother and her father (aka Sugar Bear)-- sweet, in a country sort of way.

I grew up in rural western Kentucky, and there were many people in my "neck of the woods" with the same core family values, intelligence and, yes, social grace. I regarded them as generally good people. Okay, maybe not so understanding of gay people, but still...

I read that June's put all the payoff from the show, even hers and Sugar Bear's, into trust funds for the kids, and the family is still living off Sugar Bear's wages-- a smart financial move. Even so, I'll bet the family dynamic's changed at least a little with the new fame, and that may tarnish the down-home feel of the show for future seasons. Frankly, the family could call it quits right now, and the show would be a tidy (?!?) package. There's just one thing I'd like to see: June agreeing to marry Sugar Bear at long last.

13. macrumors 65816

14. macrumors 6502

iPusch

I absolutely hate that crapy show^^

15. Guest

eric/

I wouldn't be that stupid for a million dollars. They can have the money.