Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
I used it. Has potential, needs refinement. About what I'd expect from the beta of a radically redesigned piece of software.

They've made some great choices and they've made some questionable ones. Apps themselves look pretty good. Springboard/home screen looks a bit goofy.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I used it. Has potential, needs refinement. About what I'd expect from the beta of a radically redesigned piece of software.

They've made some great choices and they've made some questionable ones. Apps themselves look pretty good. Springboard/home screen looks a bit goofy.

People forget that they basically redesigned everything in 6 months. Perhaps that was too ambitious and they should have saved the full redesign for iOS 8. But had iOS 7 looked just like iOS 6 I think people would have been complaining just as loudly, especially if some of the new features didn't show up. This is just the beginning. No one can expect a brand new UI to be great right out of the gate.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
People forget that they basically redesigned everything in 6 months. Perhaps that was too ambitious and they should have saved the full redesign for iOS 8. But had iOS 7 looked just like iOS 6 I think people would have been complaining just as loudly, especially if some of the new features didn't show up. This is just the beginning. No one can expect a brand new UI to be great right out of the gate.
People forget to read entire comments. I clearly said, "About what I'd expect from the beta of a radically redesigned piece of software."

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
That's exactly what I was thinking too.

Using and interacting with an operating system is a vastly different experience than just looking at some screen shots. I think it is way too early to make any "I love it!/I hate it!" proclamations if you haven't installed the beta.

And how many here who say they've used it are developers spending extensive time really testing it? With some posts I don't get the feeling they've spent a lot of time with it. And a lot of the negative posts are from people who haven't used it at all.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I put iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 last night, and I still thought it was ugly. The messages app looked a little less ugly than I originally thought, though. I'm fine with literally everything except for the ugliness. The stock apps are all ugly as hell except for the weather app. The icons are hideous as well... I love the lock screen, but that's about it. The color scheme is absolutely disgusting... The colors clearly don't go well together. I honestly can't understand why people think it looks elegant... I had it for less than a day and decided to go back to 6.1.4...

AppleMacNerd

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm using it on an iPhone 4S love it amazing, comparing to 6.1.3, iOS 6 side by side now looks outdated by quite a few years!

Very happy, fresh new look & runs smooth!

PhoneandPad

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
I want a sound equalizer that applies to all apps whether streaming, podcast or music. I want widgets so I can toggle WiFi/3g conection instantly from home screen. I want to be able to see which channels local WiFis are on so I can retune my own router if needed. All these things I had on my old Android 2.3 before I moved to iPhone 4 and IOS 6.

Any chance of the above listed features with IOS 7?

joenj07087

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011
I guess it is a matter of taste, to me it looks elegant because it doesn't look cluttered...it has a simple clean look, which I prefer to overly produced icons..but this is all down to personal taste...I'm just glad I do like the new look...it is up my alley! : )

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012

Agree.

One has to consider the situation: they are trying to establish a whole new design language with a guy who is a brilliant designer but does his first own UI design, and all that in a really short time. So it's understandable if not everything works out perfectly in the first shot. (Although I had hoped so.)

But most important is that the user feels that it is still Apple dispite the drastic visual change. If that would have gone wrong, the prettiest design couldn't fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.